- Always remember the golden rule: Buy in bulk and buy it low, sell in bulk and sell it high – not only will you make a greater profit, but it is the fastest way of making lots of money.
- Be patient and switch worlds – if there are no buyers, don’t sell it for a low price you wouldn’t normally be happy with. Save your goods, and either come back another time, or simply switch worlds until your happy with a buyer.
- Don’t settle for a price you’re unhappy with – people naturally want to buy for as low as possible. I’m not saying don’t compromise on the price, but if you’ve set a limit on a price then don’t go below it. For example, I personally never settle for less than 5GP per feather, because I know there are people who pay up to 10GP.
- Use a calculator – if your going to be buying/selling items in their thousands, you had better use a calculator to get the price right. I’m not bad at maths, but I doubt anyone can calculate the cost of 45,625 feathers for 3GP each without working it out on paper or even better, a calculator. Using a calculator is also essential for working out if the seller has got the total price right. For example, the total price of the feathers came to 136,875GP. A cunning seller might try to deal it for 126,875GP. There are no excuses for not using a calculator; your PC has one which you can access in the accessories menu from your start bar.
- Double check the price to avoid a scam situation. Some crafty people change the price just before you accept the deal. Make sure you double check and confirm.
- Use the forums – you won’t always get the best deal by roaming about in the game. Sometimes it’s better to post your offer on the forums to attract more serious buyers.
Disclaimer: This site and the products and services offered on this site are not associated, affiliated, endorsed, or sponsored by Jagex, nor have they
been reviewed, tested or certified by Jagex.